Wednesday 8 December 2021

Lady Cardinal.....














This past week, I decided I was going to try feeding the birds again this Winter. It is a lovely diversion from all the junk that is going on in the world right now. Of course, the squirrels were delighted, and it has been a bit of a battle to keep them away from the feeders, but for the most part, I am winning.....nothing like axel grease on the poles. Apparently they do not care much for black grease all over their paws. They get plenty to eat from what the birds spill from the feeders, as they get pretty scrappy from time to time, vying for a few moments on one of the perches. Anyway, this lovely lady Cardinal paid us a visit yesterday, and again today, and I expect will be a regular visitor....hopefully. It was a chance to grab a few shots. Since I cannot get out into the bush anymore to photograph them in their natural habitat, this will have to do for now. Maybe one day when I feel competent enough, I might take a hike out into the County to try my hand at real bird shooting. Meanwhile, I am working on another idea to make my bird shots look more natural....or without showing the "hand of man" as it is referred to at the Windsor Camera Club.....Cheers! 

P.S. For what it is worth...these images were shot from inside our kitchen, through the window pane. 

No comments:

Post a Comment