Tuesday 5 July 2022

It was approximately 2 or so years ago that I was experimenting with doing some table top still life with my medium format Mamiya RB67 SLR camera. The lens was likely the 90mm, and tonight I thought I would give it a go on the Epson V550 Photo film scanner, to see what the outcome might be. My experience using the scanner for black & White film processing is minimal to say the least, but everyone else seems to be having a fair amount of success with this procedure, or work flow, as they say nowadays. It will take a bit of getting use to, and I may even try my hand at making a digital print of some negative that I would happen to like. This image is of a white Datura plant, also known as the Devil's Trumpet flower, so I thought the inclusion of a little gargoyle that I had laying about, might add a bit of a sinister touch. At any rate, it was a lot of fun, and I hope some might get a bit of enjoyment from it also. Cheers! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment