Tuesday 14 January 2020

A Snug Harbour.....

This is my first posting of the New Year, indeed, of the 20's decade. I decided to return to my roots and go with a shot of "down home" b'y. Hope no one minds if I throw in a little "Newfie speak" from time to time. It's been a long time since I left there as a young lad, and it is still HOME to me. Scenes like this one are embedded deeply within my DNA, and even though I grew up in a city, I think I should have grown up out around the bay somewhere. However, it goes without saying that life in outport Newfoundland was a hard one indeed. You had to be a very self reliant individual, and be content with that. When I look at this little picture of the house up on the rocks, and the boat tied up at the wharf, it pretty much tells the whole story, of long hard days and evenings of work in all kinds of weather. It is not a life for the timid or anyone with an aversion to hard times. Someone once said that the biggest fear is fear itself. But the Granddaddy of all fears is "I CAN'T HANDLE IT". Live in a place such as the one above, and you would be surprised at how quickly you would learn to handle it.....You're on you own b'y... Giver! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment