Tuesday 18 February 2020

Baby's Breath Still Life.....

One of the things I have been trying to do lately is to simplify things in my life, and that includes my photographic images. When I stop by the flower counter at the grocery store, I usually pick up several types of flowers, and put them together to form a self made bouquet for the living room or elsewhere about the house. This time, I thought, why not just pick one simple floral item, and go with that instead. This is the result, a fairly simple arrangement. It had been placed in a tall square porcelain vase, but when I decided to use it for a still life, the wire framed watering can was chosen, with the glass center still in its wrapper. I like the texture it gives the image. Somehow the spout seemed to stick out at an odd angle, and bothered me, so I just dropped a piece of silky material in behind it, and it seemed to make it a bit more pleasing to my eye.  Next, I added one of my self constructed background layers, and this is the result. It was shot in colour, but when I converted it to Black & White, it just seemed to make a lot more sense. Hope someone else enjoys it a bit also. Cheers.....

Camera: SONY a900
Lens: Minolta 28 ~ 105 zoom (f11for 1/4 sec.)
Lighting: Aperture Storm King LED's

P.S. This image was just awarded 1st Place Ribbon for Monochrome Prints in Windsor Camera Clubs 2020 Salon event.

No comments:

Post a Comment