Monday 24 February 2020

Strawberries & Licorice Still Life.....

This image is one that I conjured up for a demonstration of table top or still life photography at the Windsor Camera Club, which I am a member of. This type of photography is something that I have played around with for the last year or so, and I will be the first to admit that I still have a lot to learn. It differs from other types of photography in that the image does not exist....you have to imagine it first, and then set about to make it happen. Since there are no actual "rules" that I am aware of, then you are free to just let your imagination fly, and do all sorts of crazy things. In this one, I used licorice candy sticks with wire down the hollow centers and impaling the strawberries to make "flowers" that are on the left rising out of a little round vase that I found at a local thrift store. The red on black gives it a bit of punch, and I was just trying to convey, that in still life, anything goes. Then when I got home and downloaded the files, I applied my "Grunge" filter to the black background, and added a Poster Edges filter from Photoshop 5.  You can make up the image as you go along, and let it "happen", or you can get that all done in your head before you start with the setup. This one was a little bit of both. Hope some of you enjoy it a little. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment