Monday 10 May 2021

Motown Hotrods & The Blues.....


 This image started out as just another mundane shot of the Detroit skyline on a clear blue sky day. Starting in a couple of weeks from now, I will be able to sit on my front veranda and listen to the roar of the Formula 1 race cars as they compete just across the river from where we live. Then on any given evening, there are the fireworks, for what I haven't a clue. Not just Detroit, but Windsor too. Folks sure love their fireworks here. So tonight, I got digging around in my old files, and came across this image of "Motown" and decided it might be fun to try at least to capture my impressions of the City in one image.....how can you tell that I am fighting boredom? Anyway, I decided that since it is the Motor City, and on any Summer weekend evening, just find a park bench and you can listen to the "Blues" throbbing on the air, as well as the squealing of rubber on pavement, accompanied by a very loud muffler system, as the boys do up the town. So, this is the resulting image, and it is totally spontaneous. I have no idea what I will end up with when I start out, so it is what it is, and yup, sometimes I even sort of like the outcome.....Cheers! 


No comments:

Post a Comment