Friday 9 February 2024

Withered Roses.....

About a week ago, my neighbour Terri, gifted me with these 3 badly withered roses. Apparently, I had mentioned to her in passing, that I enjoyed photographing things that were well past their best before date. She has recently been trying her hand at floral arranging, and I guess she decided that instead of throwing these into the garbage, she would pass that on to me. Anyway, this little shot is one that I took while I was watching a hockey game out of my other eye. The lighting is supplied by 2 Metz 400M flashes, one mounted on the camera, and one as a remote slave unit which was triggered by the camera mounted one. It was a simple set up, and the purpose behind it was to test the sharpness of my 28 ~ 70 mm kit lens, that had received some rather bad reviews online.....My conclusion is that it is best to ignore the self appointed, so called experts' opinions. Most of them are biased toward other makes of photo equipment. It seems that as far as I am concerned, the lens is as sharp as it needs to be for a general purpose walk around lens. It is a joy to use, and for me, that is all that matters. Thanks a lot Terri, you do beautiful flower arranging, and maybe someday I will learn to do justice to more of your "withered" gifts. Hope some of you will enjoy this little image.....it was a fun diversion from a boring game. Cheers!
 

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous00:35:00

    Very nice photos Dave. I knew if anyone could bring dead flowers back to life it would be you with your camera. Between you and I , flowers will never die. Well not an easy death at any rate. Once again, nice work here. I'm not normally one for abstracts but these were good. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous21:52:00

    Thank you for your kind words Anonymous, and I am happy if someone gets some enjoyment from my images. Circumstances do not permit me to travel about in search of images, so I make do with what happens to be around the house or yard. Stay tuned...Cheers! Dave

    ReplyDelete