Thursday 13 June 2024

A Garden Stone.....


 A couple of days ago, I was working in the garden, when I dug up this very round stone. It's shape was very unusual, as you would expect to find a round stone such as this at the seaside somewhere. So, I brushed the dirt off, and tossed it to one side until I was finished what I was doing. When I went back into the house, I washed it off in the utility sink, and set it aside. I had no idea what exactly I would do with it, but I just liked its shape, and thought it could be somehow included in a still life set up maybe. After a while of mulling it over in my head, this is what I came up with. Geometric shapes have always interested me, so this image is made up of circles and rectangles, and also the irregular. It has various textures from the polished smooth balls, to the rough surface of the stone "vase", and the straw in the little wooden rectangular box. The crinkled pinkish gift wrapping paper provides a colourful background. This image doesn't have some deep profound meaning or story behind it....it is just a little something that I dug up, literally, and enjoyed the process of "enhancing the unpolished"....just because....Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment