Wednesday 11 March 2020

Violin Duet Illustration.....

A couple of evenings ago, I had the itch to shoot something, anything. So out came the old violin case with my long time white violin, now in shambles. It has almost totally fallen apart, and I felt there must be at least another shot or two left in it before we part company. So it was combined with the other very playable violin, and with my camera in the Illustration Mode, this image was the result. Then when I did the editing in PS5, I added the sheet music to fill in the top right corner, where nothing was happening. This old violin had been with me for about 50 years, and I had acquired it in a swap for an old lawn mower back in the '60's. A decade or so later, when I started to dabble in photography, and had given up trying to learn to play the thing, I decided to see what I could do with it as a sort of "muse" over the years. My neighbor thought I had totally lost it when he saw me dancing around it hanging from a clothes line, and spraying it with a can of white spray paint. It has provided me with many hours of fun, conjuring up all of the different ways I could use it in a photograph. Thanks for letting me pass on this little bit of trivial contrivance to you...Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment