Thursday 7 May 2020

White Lily....

Hi there.....yup, I'm still here. It has been a while, and a lot has happened in the world since I last posted on here. Are we still sane yet? When my phone rang tonight and the Windsor Camera Club President called to say I was volunteered to be one of the three judges for this month's competition, I was somewhat thankful for something else to put my mind to. One day a week, I get out to pick up meds at the local Pharmacy, and then the groceries, and then it is back home for another week. Lately I have been musing about why I still do this blogging thingy, and I think I know why. The simple fact that I get to put my images out there for someone else to enjoy...or not, and there is no numerical critique affixed to them is preferable to me. For the most part, I have always felt uncomfortable with having numerical scores given to a print as a part of the monthly competition. It borders on being vulgar. But for some reason, there are some who are totally wrapped up in that game. If the print they entered doesn't score as high as they think it should, well, it is temper tantrum time....no kidding. Anyway, as a courtesy to the WCC, I accepted the task requested of me, but also feel somewhat hypocritical about it. If it were something of major consequence then I would have politely declined, but this Covid19 thingy makes one make a lot of compromises, and this one is fairly benign in the overall scheme of things....Stay safe folks. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment