Monday 13 September 2021

The Clipping....

Last week, I was pruning and clipping the badly overgrown plants in our back yard, and this rose was the only one on the tip of a "sucker" branch on one of our climbing rose bushes. So I clipped it off, and stuck it in a little vase that was sitting empty on the table in my quiet space. It is my retreat from the world right now. A few months back, I had purchased a 85mm, f1.4 lens that was originally designed to be used with film cameras. From online reviews I had read, it was touted as being able to hold its own on a more modern DSLR camera. It was designed to be a portrait lens, and is all about the bokeh, especially when it is used wide open at f1.4 aperture. So I put it on my SONY a900 camera, and gave it a go with the aperture wide open. This is the resulting image, and I think it lived up to its reputation. This image is just a very simple little snippet of a place I enjoy when it is not too scorching hot or humid. There has been a lot of those days this Summer, but it is close to the arrival of the Autumn season now, and that should bring much more bearable temperatures before the gnarly Winter months arrive....Cheers!.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment