Thursday 25 November 2021

On Raglan Road.....


Lately, I have tried to make my photography more enjoyable by taking a very simple image, and make something unusual or unique out of it. It keeps the juices flowing, and helps stave off boredom, which is very easy to slip into anymore. This image started out as a very ordinary shot of a single rose, that was clinging to the bush, all by itself. It is fun to take an image, and just play with it, and sometimes surprise myself. Such is the case with this one. When I combined it with one of my own concocted "filters" it looked rather unusual, but in my mind, it needed something more. For what ever reason, the old Irish melody, On Raglan Road, written by Patrick Kavanagh, was running through my head, so I thought that maybe the lyrics added to this image, might add something special to it. When photographs are combined with poetry or lyrics, it seems to place the image into another category, and some folks might enjoy it, while others, not so much....to each his own....Cheers!

P.S. My apologies if the script on this image is too small to read. If you are interested in the lyrics, just look up the song title.....this song also sounds great on my Hohner button accordion, and the first time I heard this song, it was on a Van Morrison LP. 

No comments:

Post a Comment