Monday 22 November 2021

Autumn....In Soft Focus

The leaves on our Japanese Maple turns very red in the Autumn, and I love to sit and look at them backlit by the sun in the early morning while I am enjoying my beverage. Today, I put the 100mm Soft Focus portrait lens on my camera, and ventured out into the crisp morning air to grab this shot. Things take on a very "gentle" mood when I use this old film era lens, and it is nice to have it in my collection. The trend these days is for all images, absolutely must be tear your eyes out, tack sharp. Anything less is not worth any notice and has no merit....I humbly disagree.....the loveliness of soft focus images, whether it is used on people portraits, or flowers etc., has a definite place in my view of things, and makes me smile a little more.....definitely floats my boat! Cheers! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment