Saturday 31 October 2020

Happy Halloween.....


 Halloween Night...a time when all sorts of ghostly thoughts run rampant. As I watched the little kids out trick or treating this evening, there was a beautiful full moon rising, and since it is the second one this month, that makes it a Blue Moon. I can't remember where I read it online, but I seem to recall reading that the last Halloween Blue Moon was 19 years ago. That may or may not be accurate, but hey, you can trust the internet....right? Anyway, for this spooky night, I thought I would do a remake of my Iron Horse Illustration, and make it into a somewhat ghostly night scene, and while I was at it, throw a Blue Moon up there as well, just for laughs. The old steam locomotives were dubbed "iron horses" when the native folks first saw the things rumbling down the tracks, belching black smoke, and making that forlorn whistle sound. It must have sent shivers down their collective spines back then.....and now they are a thing of the past. Happy Halloween to all.....Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment