Sunday 23 January 2022

Carolina Wren.....

Earlier today, we got a couple of inches of snow, and until then, the ground had been green, since the last snowfall had melted off a couple of weeks ago. So it was very enjoyable to be able to get outside and spend an hour or so, clearing the snow away, and enjoying the sunshine, and -2C temperatures. Then to add a little bit more enjoyment, this little Carolina Wren (I think) showed up at the feeder, and hung around long enough for me to grab a couple of shots of it. I looked up the Wren category in the Peterson Field Guide to The Birds, and as far as I can tell, this little one is at the most Northern end of its range. It winter's over within its range, and it seems that Windsor is included in that. So I am quite delighted that it stopped by for a while today. Hope you enjoy also.....Cheers!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment