Saturday 1 January 2022

Happy New Year!

Well, here we go again....another year ahead of us, to hopefully see an improvement in the general situation of the country, and the world in general. Anyway, I thought I would kick things off with this little image of a Female Downy woodpecker at the suet block....at least that is what I think it is. I am no birder, but when I looked it up online, it looked very much like the pictures that appeared. The Downy and the Hairy are very similar in appearance, and I think the Hairy has a little longer bill. This was taken just outside our kitchen window, and I have been keeping my camera with a 70 - 300 mm zoom lens, on the kitchen table for when the birds show up. Today, we were visited by a Redpoll , and it stayed only for a few seconds, and was gone again before I could grab a shot. Maybe one day I will be able to get out into the country side and try my luck in the real world.....Cheers, and Happy New Year everyone....

P.S. Camera: SONY a77Mk2
       Lens: SONY 70-300mm SSM-G
                                                                       Exposure: ISO 3200, f5.6 for 1/640 second, handheld,                                                                                                    through kitchen window @ 300 mm. (450 mm)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment