Friday 21 January 2022

Male Downy Abstract.....

This little Male Downy Woodpecker made quite a few visits to our feeder today, and I chose this image to make into an abstract of sorts, because I liked the pose and composition. It gives me a lot of enjoyment to spend a couple of hours concentrating on this image, and tuning out the world, and all of the current noise that makes TV viewing unbearable. The more I think on it, the more I realize how very fortunate I am that at a time when the world seems to be coming unglued on so many levels, I have something much more enjoyable to "focus" on....pardon the pun. Sometimes, when photographing birds, they jump about without warning, and as a result, the captured image is not as sharp as you would like it to be, but just sharp enough to not delete from the files. So what to do.....well, it is sharp enough to turn it into something that looks a bit abstract, and a departure from the norm...for me it is a happy recovery and use of an otherwise discarded image.....Hope you enjoy. Cheers!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment