Thursday 6 January 2022

Male Downy Woodpecker.....


 Today, I decided to try a little enhancement to the bird feeder, by attaching a couple of branches from a couple of bushes in our back yard, to the pole the feeders were hanging from. The idea was to maybe exclude the metal cages etc. from the pictures that I would like to take. This is my first try, and I think it almost did the trick. There is a fair bit of building "clutter" in the background, and the bokeh of the lens I use for these shots almost eliminates things that are distracting. However, I have to pick and choose what angles to shoot from, to keep it down to a dull roar, so to speak. Anyway, for a first effort, I will be happy with this one, admitting of course, that I am about the laziest of all nature photographers that you might find....but it is nice to shoot bird pictures while having my afternoon coffee, I must admit....Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment